There are times when we wish to display your PDF documents on a web page or blog rather than have them as a download link. Unfortunately, unless you have a premium product from Adobe it is hard to do with their native free PDF software. Fortunately, you can convert a PDF file to PNG through third-party services and software, sometimes for free. This ‘how to’ guide will show you how to convert your PDF to PNG and what to use.
How can I convert PDF to PNG for free?
There are a lot of options to convert from PDF to PNG but some are better than others. Some do not do a fantastic job with the quality of the image. This is the problem with free software and web services. There are also limitations on how they can be used.
- Altoconvertpngtopdf.com – This is a simple online service that will allow you to convert your PDFs quickly and easily and quality is in high resolution. This is just a conversion service so no editing can be done through this site. Follow these steps to convert your file.
- Log onto the PDF Pro website (follow the link above).
- Drag and drop your file into space indicated and upload your file.
- Click the convert button to start the process.
- Download your finished PNG files.
- Note that you are limited to 3 free downloads with sign up.
- Alternatively, you can register for a subscription to unlimited downloads.
I want to edit and convert PDF to PNG. Can I do this?
Often you may want to edit a PDF document before it is converted to PNG and there is software out there that can do this. This software though often comes at a price as you would expect. The quality, however, will always be better than a free service.
- PDFelement by Wondershare – This is a download rather than an online service and is available for Windows. It allows you to fully edit and convert PDF to PNG with ease. The quality is exceptional. Here’s how to convert your files with PDFelement:
- Once you have downloaded and installed PDFelement, open it.
- Access the PDF file you wish to work with. You can then drag and drop into the program.
- There are options on the interface to edit, create, combine and convert. If you are just converting, click the convert button.
- Click convert to image.
- Choose which format you wish to convert to, in this case, PNG.
- Click ‘Save’ and the process will begin.
I want to convert PDF to PNG but have a MAC. What can I use?
- iSkysoft PDF Editor 6 Pro – For those Mac users out there is a handy solution for all your PDF converting and editing needs. This comes through the iSkysoft PDF Editor 6 Pro. This does so much more than just convert PDF to PNG but it is a paid for. It is available as a download for Mac and PC. To convert your PDF to PNG using the iSkysoft PDF Editor follow these instructions:
- Download and install the software and then run it.
- Open up the PDF document and import to the program.
- At this stage, you can edit to your heart’s content.
- When ready to convert, click the convert button.
- A pop up will appear. In this program, you can play around with the settings to get your desired results.
- Confirm convert.
- Your PNG files are saved in a separate folder.